Real customers share their stories of how ADT professionals helped save their lives.
New York Family Survives Overnight House Fire
If it wasn't for a call from an ADT dispatcher, the Goodman family would have slept through a fire instead of escaping their home safely.
Historic Cleveland Home Fire
Suddenly awakened by his ADT smoke detector, McKenzie got up to investigate. Walking down the stairs and saw the entire front porch on fire.
California Customer is Protected from Carbon Monoxide
Lethal levels of carbon monoxide were seeping into her home from the cleaning company’s vehicle. The deadly gas triggered multiple alarms and sent emergency signals to ADT.
ADT Customer Survives a Carbon Monoxide Leak
Reda Stajcar was awakened just before midnight in her Des Moines home by a call from an ADT Dispatcher.
ADT Rescues Dog Which Started House Fire
Richard Veyna left the pets home alone. Within minutes, his Golden Retriever named Finn jumped up to get food on the stove and a turned on a gas burner.
Protecting Pets from Home Fires
Tony Cruz, left the cats home alone. Within minutes, an exposed wire in a dishwasher sparked a fire, filling the small house in a Detroit suburb with smoke.
ADT Helps Memphis Couple Survive
The couple credits two ADT employees for finding ‘the silent killer’ and helping them survive. It all happened when ADT Technician Chuck Novak installed their security system.
ADT Helps Save Kids from Terrifying Fire
Joe and Amanda were visiting a neighbor when ADT called to alert them to the fire. Rushing back home, they were relieved to see their kids safe and unharmed.
ADT New Mexico LifeSaver
Pamela didn’t even realize the home had a carbon monoxide detector. She got the system as protection from crime. She never dreamed it would save their lives in this way.
An Unattended Candle Starts Fire
Her first thought was “This only happens in the movies!” Nakita then ran into the living room screaming, “We have to run” and bolted outside with her daughter.
The DeGeorgis Family LifeSaver
The fire started in Ethan’s upstairs bedroom from a lit candle placed too close to his bed. It activated a smoke alarm.
ADT Louisville KY LifeSaver
Christie and Phil Sanders woke up to their ADT alarm going off. When Christie looked at the notification on her phone, it said “back door sensor” so she thought someone was trying to break in
ADT Helps Save Dog From Fire
Sam’s husband fought against the smoke to make it to the living room and was screaming for the family’s beloved German Shepherd, Bob.
The Silent Killer Shows Up At Dinner
Costa family from Newport News experienced dangerous levels of ‘the silent killer’ in their homes. Fortunately, they had carbon monoxide detectors.
A Story Like No Other
This story is about a woman whose estranged husband suffered from depression which triggered an ADT Story unlike any we have ever written. It occurred in Spokane Valley, WA, where Melissa “Missy” Robertson endured the traumatic experience.
Bob, a 90-year-old retired Air Force pilot was asleep on the evening of December 11th in his Mission Texas home. Laurel, his wife, was away on a cruise, and his caretaker had left for the evening when smoke filled his home.
Rags To Riches
The fire started when painters staining woodwork, improperly stored oil rags triggering the massive fire at the Jensen family home in Spring, TX.
The Biggest Hug In The World
The Samuels family was sound asleep when a smoke detector activated and woke them up. Marcella began to shake her husband once she realized that something was actually wrong.
The 100 Mile An Hour Heart
My husband heard the beeps from the alarm panel and hollered to get up. I put on my leg braces, got our dog and headed outside.
Two Cats, A Candle & A Note
We have a cat who likes to lay on fresh laundry and when she jumped off the bathroom counter, it pushed a towel over a lit candle.
The Silent Killer
The story of the DiGrazio family from Estero, Florida whose carbon monoxide detectors from ADT may have saved their lives. After receiving a phone call from ADT Emergency Dispatcher Fred Cannon who advised them to evacuate.
ADT Smoke Detector Saves Kansas City Family
One evening in June, Kayla Hoffman was dozing on the couch while her husband was out with friends. The couple’s baby was asleep upstairs. Suddenly, the home’s smoke detector started beeping and she jumped up.
How To Survive A Home Invasion
Alone and asleep in her Houston home, Suzanne Smith was awakened by the shrieking noise of her burglar alarm. Fleeing to her bathroom and holding the door shut, Suzanne heard someone coming toward her bedroom.
The Shower Scene
Danielle McFall* was getting out of the shower when a carbon monoxide detector activated and sent a signal to one of ADT’s monitoring centers.
*Customer was compensated
South Jersey Family Saved from Carbon Monoxide
A snowstorm cut power at the McManus home. A generator turned on but it was facing the wrong way and sent carbon monoxide fumes inside the house.
Good Dog. Lucky Dog
See how a Miramar Florida family is grateful their beloved dog, Mia, was saved by an ADT smoke detector from a potentially-horrific house fire.
Fire Alarm Helps Save Seniors
ADT woke up Barbara about a fire alarm signal. She couldn’t initially find any signs of a fire so she declined a call to 911. Minutes later, ADT received another fire alert.
Dog Fire Drill
Seconds matter in a fire, and Angela Campbell from Colorado Springs has trained her dogs to evacuate her home if the smoke alarm sounds.
“Trapper” Arnold’s Rescue
Passed out from smoke, Army vet James “Trapper” Arnold needed more than luck to escape a house fire with his life.
A Guinea Pig for Fire Response
Quick response from ADT helped save grandma Grace and Wizma the guinea pig from a potentially disastrous fire.
A Life, a Cat and Artwork Were All Saved
Kathy was asleep in her bedroom and was awakened by the sound of her ADT smoke detector. She went toward her den and walked into a wall of smoke coming from her fireplace.
Swimming in CO
A faulty pool heater sent CO flowing through the Woods’ home. ADT played lifeguard and helped get the family and pets to safety.
Surviving a ‘Silent Killer”
While the Brodskys got their carpets cleaned, a silent killer was blowing into their house. ADT helped detect the CO and protect them.
Lou Lou's Lucky Day
Lou Lou, a nine-year-old Shih Tzu, was home alone when a fire erupted. Lou Lou's owners luckily had secured their home with fire alarm services.
When Katie Anderson’s ex threatened to kill her, her ADT key fob turned out to be her best weapon in defense.
Dot’s Early Alarm
When an ADT alarm sounded, Dot Brown grabbed her pistol, but it was a different kind of potential killer that confronted her.
When Monica Barksdale* suffered a seizure, the red panic button on her ADT panel brought life-saving medical help to her home.
*Customer was compensated
Saving the Suchorsky’s Pack
When an ADT-monitored smoke alarm went off, ADT dispatched firefighters who saved the Suchorsky’s dog and two cats.
A Surprising “Intruder”
An exploding oven in the Burns’ home triggered a glass break sensor that sent a burglar alarm to ADT. With ADT’s help, firefighters dealt with the “intruder.”
“Having a smoke detector is great, but who is going to hear it if you're a heavy sleeper or you're not home”.
ADT Turns Ghost Buster
When a mom needed help with a ghost problem, ADT had the answer. See how we sent the ghosts packing.
Utah Family Survives House Fire
A lamp fell on their 8-year-old daughter’s mattress and started a fire. A quick response helped get her family out of the house to safety.
Amber Cooper & Fiona
The kitchen filled with smoke and no one was home to tend to Fiona, who was snuggled in her doggy bed.
My Carbon Monoxide Nightmare
The fire department asked we felt and we said okay. But I had started feeling strange. I had tingling in my lips and tongue. I was lightheaded and dizzy, my whole body felt weak. I thought I was coming down with the flu.
12 Family Members Saved From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
The sobering thought: Had the carbon monoxide built up to even higher levels and had we not been awakened from our sleep, it could have been catastrophic.
A Pet Isn't Going to Call 911
Sophie jumped up on the stove to get at a leftover skillet that had some turkey grease in it and somehow turned on the front burner that started the fire.
Home Alarm Saved Family From Murder
A carefree summer afternoon would turn into the most terrifying moment of their lives when a troubled young man terrorized them.
- ADT Customer in Seattle Whose Life Was Saved From a House Fire
- ADT Helps Utah Family Survive House Fire Started by a Halogen Lamp
- Fire in the Baby’s Room
- ADT Helped Save Amber and her Dog, Fiona
- My Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Nightmare
- ADT Carbon Monoxide Alarm Helped Save a Family of 12
- Veteran Saved His Dog After She Started A House Fire
- ADT Smoke Detector Helped Save the Steffens Family
- Home Alarm Saved Family From Murder
- How I Almost Died from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Teenager Saved Herself, Her Dogs And Her House From An Electrical Fire
Learn More About ADT
No other security company can say they’ve been providing 24/7 security monitoring for over a century.
ADT Always Cares
At ADT, we’re also committed to serving the communities where we live and work.
We guarantee your satisfaction and safety as the industry leader in home and business security.
It’s after normal business hours, we don’t want to disturb you, plus, many state laws say we can’t call you between 9 pm and 8 am.
But we’re available 24/7. Call us now for faster service.
Please contact ADT.